YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE! - This is the legit DarkRO Rebirth. (James)

Yoda

A Much Needed Recap - Behind The Scenes

Posted (edited)

Hello Citizens of the Republic!

It has been a week since “The Event” and despite the difficulties and setbacks, the server has become relatively stable. Before anything else, on behalf of the new management, we sincerely apologize for what happened. “The Event” was a major financial dispute that resulted in the dismissal of paid developers and their cohorts.

It is quite unfortunate that some people would not change for the better despite the blessings that have come their way. We were lucky enough to have saved the server at an earlier time. If this would have happened 6 months from now, the server economy would be in total chaos and the features and updates that earns a server its reputation would not have been given any attention. Thank you for sticking with us!

Moving forward, DarkRO Rebirth is now heading towards proper server development and balancing to keep the game interesting instead of flooding it with costumes. Below are some updates that we would want you to know about.

R2-D2’s Update Logs

Server Security was on the very top of our list. We had to ensure that hijacking was no longer possible and that no in-game exploits are taken advantage of. Here are several actions we have taken to ensure the security of the server.

• @item – Removed from the source code. (Even GM James cannot @item anymore)
  • Shower Event Command – Removed from the source code.
  • GM Powers Command – Removed from the source code.
  • Constant Server Backup – Every 2 hours except during WoE, KoE and BG. (Will gradually adjust to longer gaps in between)
  • Server Files Access – Now exclusive to GM James.

Illegally obtained items from the previous developer is consistently being traced and deleted and the involved accomplices are permanently banned.

• All legitimate Thanatos Cards before “The Event” have been listed down and that leaves us with less than 5% left to complete the investigation. We should be done by tonight and all that would be left are legitimate cards from hunting.
  • All legal LHZ cards have been accounted for. The rest have been confiscated and deleted.
  • Illegally obtained high refine items including god items were confiscated and deleted.
  • All known accomplices of the previous developer have been banned and/or gepard blocked.
  • RMT Sellers are consistently being caught and banned.

Lost item cases are being taken care of 1 at a time. Unfortunately, about 80-90% of these cases have been found to be caused by players who logged into the stolen server to taunt and provoke the previous developer which resulted in retaliation and turned into a hack case in the legitimate DarkRO Rebirth server. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do with these particular hack cases anymore.

For legitimate lost item cases, please understand that the power needed to complete the investigation on your case lies only with GM James and he is taking care of them 1 by 1. In order to complete the investigation, sufficient evidence must be collected and some of it can only be obtained while the server is down during maintenance otherwise, the server will lag with extra queries being sent to the database. We hope you understand and thank you for your patience.

Other updates are as follows:

Thank you and may the force be with you!

Edited by Yoda
Added DarkRO Mobile news link.
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, Yoda said:

DarkRO Rebirth is now heading towards proper server development and balancing to keep the game interesting instead of flooding it with costumes.

Finally. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Vaan said:

Finally. 

Of all the updates I included in the post, I'm glad this one caught your attention the most. :P We already have a bunch of stuff lined up to be fixed, added or modified to slowly improve game play and balance things out. Watch out for the next update!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very true! So can I resubmit the balance suggestions I had before that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named ignored completely? :D

20 minutes ago, Yoda said:

For legitimate lost item cases, please understand that the power needed to complete the investigation on your case lies only with GM James and he is taking care of them 1 by 1. In order to complete the investigation, sufficient evidence must be collected and some of it can only be obtained while the server is down during maintenance otherwise, the server will lag with extra queries being sent to the database. We hope you understand and thank you for your patience.

How about those items that rollbacked? Like in my case, i upgrade my +5vm into +7vm and it returned into +5vm. But i dont have any screenshots

9 minutes ago, Shiho said:

Very true! So can I resubmit the balance suggestions I had before that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named ignored completely? :D

Yes, yes and yes. :no1: We'll consider every single suggestion this time. And yes, please re-submit them because it's hard to keep track of the old ones that got rejected by the previous dev.

9 minutes ago, Stigmata said:

How about those items that rollbacked? Like in my case, i upgrade my +5vm into +7vm and it returned into +5vm. But i dont have any screenshots

Ooohh that's a tricky one. But the answer to that must remain the same to be fair for all and to avoid fake claims. I'm really sorry but this case cannot be considered. :sob:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Ooohh that's a tricky one. But the answer to that must remain the same to be fair for all and to avoid fake claims. I'm really sorry but this case cannot be considered. :sob:

This is just sad ._.

• Sad 1

Can I be at ease in buying thana card starting tomorrow?

Anyone else think sticking strictly with Event Coins and hats was something Force did absolutely right, now? yeah? no?

1 minute ago, Tsuki said:

Anyone else think sticking strictly with Event Coins and hats was something Force did absolutely right, now? yeah? no?

It was Force's dying attempt at one last cash grab before the server went under, yeah. During the latter part of the server's life, when nearly everyone had Valk items (a large amount at +10 as well, following the enriched ores implementation), the players didn't even PK anymore. They just settled for Duels, or flexing with their costumes while just idling in towns. WoE was still alive for a bit, but most guilds just recruited EDP LKs and Snipers at that point.

But before that point, Force did the right thing by introducing new mechanics and making more builds viable, like removing the cooldown of Soul Breaker and Spiral Pierce (EDP + switch to +10 Cardo and spamming Spiral Pierce was popular then), increasing the slots of several weapons (like Katars, Daggers, Two-Handed Swords), and modifying the effects of cards (e.g. Archer Skeleton, Abysmal Knight, etc.), which opened up so many builds that people had fun theorycrafting and testing out builds. Also, it made PVP much more interesting, since you wouldn't know how to directly counter people approaching you. Do you wear anti-range gear for that Stalker, or is he a melee auto-cast Stalker? Do you wear perfect dodge gear against that SinX, or is he going to spam Soul Breakers at you? Is that Creator going to bomb you, or are you going to receive Sphere Mines that explode for tons of damage that can't be reduced by Cranial?

6 minutes ago, Shiho said:

It was Force's dying attempt at one last cash grab before the server went under, yeah. During the latter part of the server's life, when nearly everyone had Valk items (a large amount at +10 as well, following the enriched ores implementation), the players didn't even PK anymore. They just settled for Duels, or flexing with their costumes while just idling in towns. WoE was still alive for a bit, but most guilds just recruited EDP LKs and Snipers at that point.

But before that point, Force did the right thing by introducing new mechanics and making more builds viable, like removing the cooldown of Soul Breaker and Spiral Pierce (EDP + switch to +10 Cardo and spamming Spiral Pierce was popular then), increasing the slots of several weapons (like Katars, Daggers, Two-Handed Swords), and modifying the effects of cards (e.g. Archer Skeleton, Abysmal Knight, etc.), which opened up so many builds that people had fun theorycrafting and testing out builds. Also, it made PVP much more interesting, since you wouldn't know how to directly counter people approaching you. Do you wear anti-range gear for that Stalker, or is he a melee auto-cast Stalker? Do you wear perfect dodge gear against that SinX, or is he going to spam Soul Breakers at you? Is that Creator going to bomb you, or are you going to receive Sphere Mines that explode for tons of damage that can't be reduced by Cranial?

I think we're reading the same book but on completely different chapters here, mate. I was referring or rather comparing how Event Rewards were strictly Event Hats(mostly on the earlier years, iirc) and Event coins(latter til the ship sunk).

I do agree that hats in Force and here are both astronomically priced. That 150$ and 200$ aura blew my mind across the wall and the street, ngl(correct me if I'm wrong). I would've understood if it was priced at 20~ or so if it's a custom made, server exclusive hat. Either that, or your artist is ripping you off.

50 minutes ago, xPat said:

Can I be at ease in buying thana card starting tomorrow?

I would say yes since GM James already has a list of legit Thana cards before "The Event". However, I would strongly recommend saving all evidence of the transaction such as screenshots of the trade and the conversation just in case. I'm sure it wouldn't be too much of a hassle considering the value of the card.

35 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

We have it in the server already but it wasn't supported that much by the previous dev. If you guys could write up a detailed suggestion after some discussion with other players, that would be awesome! :ok:

24 minutes ago, Shiho said:

The second paragraph definitely describes what this team is going to focus on. Right now, we're just pretty busy with clean up and past commitments made to the players. Once the dust settles, expect more of that. :no1:

6 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

I think we're reading the same book but on completely different chapters here, mate. I was referring or rather comparing how Event Rewards were strictly Event Hats(mostly on the earlier years, iirc) and Event coins(latter til the ship sunk).

I do agree that hats in Force and here are both astronomically priced. That 150$ and 200$ aura blew my mind across the wall and the street, ngl(correct me if I'm wrong). I would've understood if it was priced at 20~ or so if it's a custom made, server exclusive hat. Either that, or your artist is ripping you off.

The pricing of these costumes will definitely be considered. Don't get me wrong, there will still be costumes here and there but we'll be reducing the focus on them and add more mechanics to the general gameplay. :no1:

Wanderer's Sakkat quest please ^_^

1 hour ago, Tsuki said:

Oh, my bad. But yeah, you have a point. The costumes are... err... incredibly pricey. I would want an aura myself, but since it's way out of my price range, I'm content with a Costume Romantic Leaf at the moment.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Yoda said:

The pricing of these costumes will definitely be considered. Don't get me wrong, there will still be costumes here and there but we'll be reducing the focus on them and add more mechanics to the general gameplay. :no1:

This means? you will make them more accessible for players  to obtain? its the only way the pricing will stabilize . especially those garment wings. i was shocked when someone offered me for 800b for a no-stats garment wing. Just like with the Gold Lighthalzen when it was first released from lotti girl. people are selling them for 900b, but then a few days ago, aura coupons were implemented, players gained the access in obtaining different colored auras they prefer thus pricing of these LHZ auras are not far apart from each other,

Edited by potchi

hope during WOE many castle will be available..so that other guilds will have the chance to own agit hehe also some players cannot move inside the emp room not sure  what are the problems.

5 hours ago, potchi said:

This means? you will make them more accessible for players  to obtain? its the only way the pricing will stabilize . especially those garment wings. i was shocked when someone offered me for 800b for a no-stats garment wing. Just like with the Gold Lighthalzen when it was first released from lotti girl. people are selling them for 900b, but then a few days ago, aura coupons were implemented, players gained the access in obtaining different colored auras they prefer thus pricing of these LHZ auras are not far apart from each other,

I wouldn't be so surprised given the amount of zeny botters back then flooded the economy with. 

goodbye "thanatos cards" sellers.

On 7/16/2020 at 10:18 PM, Yoda said:

• @item – Removed from the source code. (Even GM James cannot @item anymore)
  • Shower Event Command – Removed from the source code.
  • GM Powers Command – Removed from the source code.

Hello,

While this is a very outstanding measure to avoid such RMT even from the GM (since I do know GM James had such history with RMT too from his previous server will not mention). How would we know this is true? How would we know if it was really removed from the source code? And if it was really removed, how would we know it will not be installed back again? It's hard to trust such words, if there was such history.

I hope you could help us be comfortable playing in this server.

Thanks

Hi! These are very good points you have here but let me try my best to address them one at a time.

22 hours ago, superLazyme said:

(since I do know GM James had such history with RMT too from his previous server will not mention).

Yes I've heard about this. The previous dev also had his issues in the past but at an extreme level. I think we all have some hidden dirt in our lives at some point. The only difference is, James used to be a regular player like us but now owns the server he is working on and he knows the exact negative effects of that to a server. The previous admin was still clearly involved in something that did not do the server any good which is why it lead to him being expelled along with his loyal staff.

I talked to James 1 on 1 before he hired me and he told me his ultimate goal for DarkRO Rebirth is for it to live very long much like the original DarkRO and focus on gameplay and content instead of costumes. These were his promises that made me agree to take on the job he had for me.

22 hours ago, superLazyme said:

How would we know this is true? How would we know if it was really removed from the source code? And if it was really removed, how would we know it will not be installed back again? It's hard to trust such words, if there was such history.

The removal of these commands was mainly due to security issues and that guarantees that it will not be usable unless there's a valid purpose approved by both admin and management teams. This ensures that nobody else except the allowed individuals would be able to produce items in the server through GM commands. It is a given that we would still need to produce items for events and other purposes but hacking, hijacking and 3rd parties are guaranteed to not be able to produce anything illegal now.

Obviously we wouldn't be able to send you server files so you can check whether it has been removed or not due to security issues. It can be installed back again but only when needed such as producing event prizes but it is now removed immediately after use and can only be used by James himself.

The only answer that can be given at this point would be to trust GM James and his genuine intentions of taking care of the server he loves so much. The removal of the previous team involved in the exact activities we fear (which they proved themselves btw), would also work towards proving that James wants the best for the server. DarkRO Rebirth is a success in his book and it would be very unwise to treat it as a cash grab server much like the intentions of the previous dev.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/19/2020 at 5:55 PM, superLazyme said:

Hello,

While this is a very outstanding measure to avoid such RMT even from the GM (since I do know GM James had such history with RMT too from his previous server will not mention).

I don't think people understand this very well. GM James aka the owner of Rebirth has every right to sell items for RMT. The difference with Anakin and other GMs is they are not the owner. When James invested for this server, no one knew what will happen, whether it will grow or will become a bust. Having said that, investing in something is a risk the owner took to create the server thus he has every right to sell anything in the server. What good this would bring? well, he is also accountable to maintaining the server such as payment for the transactions with gepard, server hosting etc. thus the cost for maintaining that should also be covered by the game. I don't think this differs with any other game such as dota 2, CSGO and even mobile games. So, if you heard GM James selling items, no issue with that. However, other than him, no one else should be allowed.

Just now, PongSkie said:

I don't think people understand this very well. GM James aka the owner of Rebirth has every right to sell items for RMT. The difference with Anakin and other GMs is they are not the owner. When James invested for this server, no one knew what will happen, whether it will grow or will become a bust. Having said that, investing in something is a risk the owner took to create the server thus he has every right to sell anything in the server. What good this would bring? well, he is also accountable to maintaining the server such as payment for the transactions with gepard, server hosting etc. thus the cost for maintaining that should also be covered by the game. I don't think this differs with any other game such as dota 2, CSGO and even mobile games. So, if you heard GM James selling items, no issue with that. However, other than him, no one else should be allowed.

Sorry, but you are wrong.

Rules are for everyone. It don't matter if you are the owner of the server or not.

Stop RMT for everyone If you want fair gameplay, no corruption, and equal opportunity for players.

1 hour ago, Mojica said:

Sorry, but you are wrong.

Rules are for everyone. It don't matter if you are the owner of the server or not.

Stop RMT for everyone If you want fair gameplay, no corruption, and equal opportunity for players.

How can you call it corruption if you are the owner? i am stealing from my own game? =)

51 minutes ago, PongSkie said:

How can you call it corruption if you are the owner? i am stealing from my own game? =)

Do you want a player to get Thana card and LHZ cards and +10VM by buying RMT from GM James?

A player got the best items in the game just by buying RMT from the owner... is that fair gameplay? is that not a corruption?

41 minutes ago, Mojica said:

Do you want a player to get Thana card and LHZ cards and +10VM by buying RMT from GM James?

A player got the best items in the game just by buying RMT from the owner... is that fair gameplay? is that not a corruption?

I've got no issue with that.. Its the same way as donating so I have no issue with that. How can you call it corruption when u are selling from something you owned LOL