Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

Regular Maintenance Delayed – A word from the Tech Team

Greeting Citizens,

Previously, we announced the postponement of the GOTM Event due to the FPS Drop measures that we needed to prioritize over everything else. This prioritization now includes the next regular maintenance and content update. Things have been going well behind the scenes so far so here’s an update of our progress and information regarding it that you should all understand.

Use the Force, Luke!

We did for more than a month already! It was never announced in public but we were already having our server files completely updated all this time. The previous sorry state of the internal files posed a serious threat to the server’s stability every time we modified something for a maintenance or a bug report due to its age being older than Maz Kanata and the lack of a version number.

We reached out to the core emulator developers and recruited their support for this major overhaul. It took some time and effort to convince them but we were successful and if all goes according to plan, we should be able to finish the update in a week more or less. Tests will be conducted internally at first then public testing will follow.

The same has been done to the client. We’ve already obtained the latest stable RO client that allows custom jobs. We think that it’s safe to say that we are the first ever server to have obtained such a client that supports custom jobs.

With that said, this is already considered a major update. In a way, we’ve upgraded our steam-powered car into a modern electric powered vehicle. We need you to understand that other things will need to be delayed so we can test whether the new updates are stable with the entire population using it. Once we’re convinced that things are smooth, we’ll continue with more FPS Drop measures followed by the planned content updates and the GOTM.

Please note that this does not guarantee a total removal of the FPS Drop issue but we are hopeful that these updates will improve your in-game

experience significantly. We also expect that this update will take care of a lot of already reported bugs, cheats, bots and issues because they would have already been dealt with in the past several years.

More news of our progress will be posted soon!

Thank you for your understanding and patience. May the force be with you all!

- DarkRO: Rebirth Tech Team

• Like 3

Thank you GM Team <3

Edited by Mark
  • Like 1

Fps drop or worst Crash when clashing with a specific guild. 

Edited by Mad Potato

SERVER DELAY CONNECTION CONVERGE 

17 hours ago, Yoda said:

We’ve already obtained the latest stable RO client that allows custom jobs

Is it still episode 13? There seems to be a lot of original RO content that was deleted from the game.

Are we still pre-renewal or is it the 'renewal content but prerenewal mechanics'?

Will there ever be a donation weapon for other jobs?

Dear GM,

Kindly include the issue about event points wherein the event points accumulated are not being added to our actual event points. I hope that this will resolve after the next maintenance and will add all our previous event points to our actual event points.

Good day tech team! My brother and I are playing Dark RO for almost a month now and we tried joining WOE. Unfortunately, the experience was made unpleasant due to lag. I don't know why it only happens when we join WOE but outside WOE, it's okay. If this information will help, we're living in Cebu, Philippines. Is there something you can do or suggest that we do to improve our WOE experience? Thank you in advance.

On 8/27/2020 at 12:04 PM, caincrux said:

Is it still episode 13? There seems to be a lot of original RO content that was deleted from the game.

Are we still pre-renewal or is it the 'renewal content but prerenewal mechanics'?

Will there ever be a donation weapon for other jobs?

As soon as we're done with this overhaul, we'd be updated to the latest emulator release today. However, we are not a server that follows releases per episode. For example in Episode 14.3, the official iRO released the Bank System but we already have that. In episode 14.1, they added the Costume System but we already have that.

Our server is a unique pre-renewal with our very own spin on it. We take what's best from the officially release updates, try our best to balance that with our current state and release it as its own feature. We also have renewal content but we don't use most of it. We'll probably never ever add 3rd jobs but we may take the renewal instances and items and give them a DarkRO twist.

Donation for other jobs? Maybe. We don't have one listed for now but we are not opposed to it. The next content update should cover a few items already and we'll do more as we go.

On 8/27/2020 at 2:57 PM, Z3RO said:

Dear GM,

Kindly include the issue about event points wherein the event points accumulated are not being added to our actual event points. I hope that this will resolve after the next maintenance and will add all our previous event points to our actual event points.

Please report this as a bug. Include all possible evidence and details you've got so we can easily recreate it and locate the issue.

17 hours ago, avrilklauschua said:

Good day tech team! My brother and I are playing Dark RO for almost a month now and we tried joining WOE. Unfortunately, the experience was made unpleasant due to lag. I don't know why it only happens when we join WOE but outside WOE, it's okay. If this information will help, we're living in Cebu, Philippines. Is there something you can do or suggest that we do to improve our WOE experience? Thank you in advance.

Lag is mostly caused by your ISP. Currently, we have a major issue with framerates dropping especially during WoE. Players call this FPS Drop and this is the main reason why we're taking huge steps to hopefully improve that.

2 hours ago, Yoda said:

As soon as we're done with this overhaul, we'd be updated to the latest emulator release today. However, we are not a server that follows releases per episode. For example in Episode 14.3, the official iRO released the Bank System but we already have that. In episode 14.1, they added the Costume System but we already have that.

Our server is a unique pre-renewal with our very own spin on it. We take what's best from the officially release updates, try our best to balance that with our current state and release it as its own feature. We also have renewal content but we don't use most of it. We'll probably never ever add 3rd jobs but we may take the renewal instances and items and give them a DarkRO twist.

Donation for other jobs? Maybe. We don't have one listed for now but we are not opposed to it. The next content update should cover a few items already and we'll do more as we go.

Please report this as a bug. Include all possible evidence and details you've got so we can easily recreate it and locate the issue.

Lag is mostly caused by your ISP. Currently, we have a major issue with framerates dropping especially during WoE. Players call this FPS Drop and this is the main reason why we're taking huge steps to hopefully improve that.

I would have agreed to this if Converge is slow with other games or RO. Apparently, we are also playing other games which has heavier internet usage such as dota 2, csgo, valorant, apex and yoga ro, japan ro and so forth yet only in Dark RO we are having this kind of issue. Maybe you can check compatibility? or maybe there are issues that are only happen in between converge and dark RO, unfortunately, this was not an issue before but only happened on the last 2 major update. Maybe you can check what change during those periods rather than just pointing to the ISP. Else, you are telling us to just quit as there is no resolution at all

2 hours ago, PongSkie said:

I would have agreed to this if Converge is slow with other games or RO. Apparently, we are also playing other games which has heavier internet usage such as dota 2, csgo, valorant, apex and yoga ro, japan ro and so forth yet only in Dark RO we are having this kind of issue. Maybe you can check compatibility? or maybe there are issues that are only happen in between converge and dark RO, unfortunately, this was not an issue before but only happened on the last 2 major update. Maybe you can check what change during those periods rather than just pointing to the ISP. Else, you are telling us to just quit as there is no resolution at all

+1 same as mine . converge here so lag at woe . i got good ping , no timeout ing cmd but still lag

15 hours ago, Yoda said:

What do you mean the lag is caused by our ISP?

I have a fast internet, so why am I still experiencing lag? Take a look at the screenshot of my internet's speed test below.

Can you explain why I don't experience lag when I play in different Ragnarok servers, but when I play in DarkRO I always experience lag?

Stop pointing finger. Players from all over the world are experiencing lag when they play in DarkRO. You can't say this is the fault of all the ISPs in the world lol.

Your can't make reckless statements like what you said above.

Capture.png

Edited by Mojica

On 8/29/2020 at 12:47 AM, Mojica said:

I have a fast internet, so why am I still experiencing lag? Take a look at the screenshot of my internet's speed test below.

Can you explain why I don't experience lag when I play in different Ragnarok servers, but when I play in DarkRO I always experience lag?

Stop pointing finger. Players from all over the world are experiencing lag when they play in DarkRO. You can't say this is the fault of all the ISPs in the world lol.

Capture.png

come on guys, they are doing everything they can do. and I am not being know it all, but it is not all about speed, as even you have 999 Mbps but you live really far from the server host there is tendency that you will experience LAGs. Your screenshot above only shows your speed between your router/PC and the nearest server (Shaw Communication, Calgary, AB). I bet you 100% if you try to change your server far from your Router/Box you will get less speed and a very high ping response. 

if the server is hosted on ASIA countries such as Singapore or Hong Kong, the only people who lives nearby will have the upper hand to have lower latency and ping response. 

by the way Network latency is how long it takes for data to travel between its source and destination. 

On 8/28/2020 at 7:47 PM, Mojica said:

Capture.png

Change the server you are pinging to hongkong -- see what your results are-- 

13 hours ago, Iskibiditch said:

Change the server you are pinging to hongkong -- see what your results are-- 

Yes, I already figured this out. Someone already explained to me that the proxy in the server is not working. That's why even if I choose the Canada proxy, I am still experiencing lag.

Thank you.